Contents:

What can you find here? Reviews of new and not quite so new Sherlock Holmes novels and collections. Interviews with authors, link to blogs worth following, links to where you can purchase my books and some reviews of my work garnered from Amazon sites. Plus a few scary pics of me and a link to various Lyme Regis videos on YouTube...see what we do here and how....and indeed why!!! Next to the Lyme Regis Video Bar is a Jeremy Brett as Holmes Video Bar and now a Ross K Video Bar. And stories and poems galore in the archives.

Thursday 15 December 2011

A different Holmes

I am sure I am not giving anything away by saying at the outset that in Margaret Park Bridges' 'My Dear Watson', that we are dealing with a Sherlock Holmes who we see in a different light...namely, he reveals himself to be a woman....Lucy Holmes.
     

I admit to being a tad apprehensive when starting this book lest it developed into something tawdry with an affair between Holmes and Watson being chief on my 'worrying' agenda. What quickly became apparent is the fact that this book has been written with great love and affection. This Holmes is still Holmes as we know 'him' to be with no lessening or coarsening of the character. Watson, although having his romantic foibles brought to the surface ( not Holmes!!) is as steadfast as we would wish him to be, honesty and intelligence are his twin qualities here in spite of being misled by the charms of one, Constance Moriarty who is an excellently drawn villain with a secret of her own which is enmeshed with Holmes's own. I found the book exciting and strangely moving and I have no hesitation in recommending it to all Sherlockians and Holmesians out there. You will not be disappointed.

Available on Amazon etc or direct from the publisher.

http://www.mxpublishing.co.uk/engine/shop/product/9781780920764/My+Dear+Watson+-+A+Novel+of+Sherlock+Holmes

No comments: